Wednesday 26 June 2013

Waterloo Funraiser Rave

I suggest listening to this while reading




Rave Check list
Trips - Check
Candy - Kinda
Epic coat of tastictacular colours - Check
Driving partner - Check

BOOM! FlyBoy charges out of the speakers in my truck "Oooh why don't you just let it go" I will Flyboy I will. I will be anyone I want to be. I hardly know these people thus I can be anyone. Mana charging wooo!

"So what would you do at the end of world?"
"Well I would be the reaver of waterloo, crossing blades with anyone who comes my way on quest for flesh and booty. I will die in glorious combat. But you know I also have hard drives full of information on how to build machines and such from scratch. Drill press, tool and dye maker stuff. Cause we will have to know how to make this stuff." Switch said ironically switching between the extremes of his imagination.

"Well this spectacular kid would do what makes sense. Try to find a group of people with a set amount of skills and do what I can to impress them. You know typical human stuff"

Switch jumps as the idea pops into his head "Well Serifus the bubble viking is learning about agriculture and stuff he will be a reeving buddy with me."

"You guys have so many skills why just wander around? You should make a town and when you do I will boost the moral of everyone that comes. Thus growing the town, we get more chicks, we get more studs. More guns and soldiers. More farm land. More minds to develop machines. It would be spectacular"

"I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL AT THE ROCK SHOW" Blasts from the speakers

So the rest of the ride we talk about technical stuff, hardware stuff, music production stuff I don't know a lot about. But finally I found a hard ware guy that I get along with. Huzzah and be merry one and allI explain to him that I have Java, C#, and C++ experience, and then some C knowledge. I say it would be better to learn java scripting HTML5 as its compatible with all devices and you don't need an exe. Humber screwed me in that matter.

"GIVE ME A REASON TO HOLD TO WHAT WE GOT!!"

We finally arrive at Hop To It, and the crew is hopping around getting stuff done.Sunny SunShinePants is as happy a flower in the sun. Fantastic vibes of caring, loving, memory inducing vibration are sent into the area. As is raver tradition every one gets to hug to share our energies.

Neoning Neverring is this cute little puppy dog DJ who can get anything done when he puts his mind to it. The crew behind him The Blue Babe, Serifus the Bubble Viking, Duo Red Madness, Sunny SunShinePants, Ironic Switch, and fuck I'm doing stuff to so I shall be Nadz Tacular.

My coat of dreams, my coats of colours, my coat of colour science whips out in the wind as I twirl. Red, Green, Blue, Purple, White  they all spin together to form what I am thinking. Unite the Ideas, Unite the Truth, Become what you want by looking inside, and share it with world.

Like any good party Happy hardcore leads and finishes this being a good party we have happyhardcore going on at the start. Little children scoot by on their scooters and weave in and out of the dancers such as myself and Sunny SunShinePants. The Bubble Viking does the war dance of the bubble vikings. No shoes he twirls and bops around as he uses his bubble sword to fill the area with majestic exploding bubbles that do no damage, but are so fucking cool. A true Bubble Viking never hurts, as they are a strong powerful people with high morals.

"I don't want the bubbles to die" I cry out in frustration.

I run under the bubbles and using my wind bending techniques I move the bubbles till they are safe in the sky. This inspires me to write something in THE BOOK. Perhaps it will be shared by the keepers of the book Sunny SunShinePants, and Neoning Neverring.

Damn I love liquidizing to hardcore its just so good. Jumping around and then stopping to fling your arms around. Stretching and bending your mussel. Forming an energy ball in your hand it would be epic if someone took this energy away from me and we could play dance energy ball. Miss you Riffy Rifkin, maybe next time.

The sun is dimming and the street lights are going on. They sparkle like stars as the mist on my glasses refracts the light beams in spectacular patterns. I'm surrounded by watching eyes and the lights of true fun. I'm energized but in control, and the best way to keep this place going would be to. ASK RANDOM PEOPLE TO DANCE!

Talking to a couple and the guy is obviosly scared of letting her dance with an unknown raver kid, and he is waiting for something with a good drum.
"Enjoy the party"

I walk up to some mall rats and I smell a redditor so I open with a pun,
"Hey we are having a bit of a FUNraiser here first couple people to come to the dance floor gets a free glowstick" I get blocked off by the alpha.... if only Riffy was here.

So I shout across the area. "WHO EVER DOES ONE DANCE MOVE GETS A FREE GLOWSTICK"

Success! A group of girls come and start to dance its great. I give them glowsticks and they leave... hmmmm I could have done that better. I think drum and base is spinning now by duo red madness the people around seem to be getting more into it. I walk over to the hipster skate kids and say "We are having a funraiser first one to break a dance move gets this glow stick"

Up jumps an funny little bunny  and he hops around faster then the beat of the bass but still as fast as he could. I am pleased and give him his glow stick.... unfortunately. They decide to break it and start painting shit up.... We'll have to clean the up later.

The party has been going on longer then it suppose to but what the hell do they care they are the ones paying us to put on this funraiser for the tech town on waterloo. All of these brilliant people all in one place. To create amazing works of technology. Never leaving their work computer, and only go back to their home computer. Waterloo needs us, they need us to energize the crowd, to perform for them in the way ravers know best. By not giving a single fuck. Hopfully we can burn what I have learned into their skulls. Peace: Be peaceful even if its not your kind of music or its a person you hate. Love: Expand your notion of love. Expand what it means to love and how you share this love with the world. Unity: Unite our truths, unite under PLUR, unite string theory, unite gravity with all the other forces, unite the gods, unite yourself with who you want to be. Respect: Respect the teachings of others, and get their ideology correct before you question.

There he is the first one. Popular enough to be in the know, yet not running with a crew. An Anonymous Smile. The rave is over but now it is time to give away bracelets(Kandi) I walk over to the hipster skaters kids and say FREE CANDY. They were confused it was cute as hell. The bubble viking even took away their glow stick. Good.

As we are about to leave I notice that some of the skater kids are rapping......... WE SHOULD HAVE A MC COMPETITION! I've always wanted to turn my poetry into some kind of MC stuff. Extensional love based MCing.

Closing down the event was easy enough with this amount of people. Putting my sailer skills to test I coiled wires and moved heavy stuff. We went back to Neon Sun's place and dumped all the stuff off. I even got a jar full of red brussels for tea. That is where I met the best thing of the night. A real life ROBOTIC CAT. Full attention to detail, it could meow, love you, cuddle you. But it was robotic, and it was controlled by anyone who gave it attention. How they made that attention sensing thing is beyond me but wow that is amazing. The cats name is shishi, and the only thing that gave it away were the eyes, and you could just slightly see the little cameras. Anyway best part of the night was meeting that cat. FOR SURE!.

Everyone got a hug and we were about to move but we let the viking have his after battle beer. All of a sudden my phone started raving our and flashing colours and all of this crazy hacker shit. It was so fucking epic. PhoneMaster Bubble Viking man looked at it for a second and diagnosed the problem... something in the developer options cased it to that. Well now when I want to trip out people I have another way to do that hehehe. We all walk back in the same direction, first Blue Babe leaves and we say goodbye with another hug.



Next Switch and Myself come to my truck and viking leaves us after another hug. The long ride home was very cool. We talked about more tech stuff, music production, security and his very many cool stories. Switch has so many good stories its defiantly worth taking him on a trip. He even gave me a thing called AV-Linux for music production. I look forward to messing around with this.


Well I had a tastictacular time at Hop To It I got to meet some old friends again and made a lot of new ones. I will hopping to it next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment